2016 is coming to an end and rather than reflecting on what was wrong with the year I would like to reflect on what I've learned. I hope to go into 2017 with a wider perspective and an openness to create healing and change. I am a firm believer that we cannot heal what we do not understand... so let the learning begin!
1. Time (as relative as it may be) is our biggest adversary... use it wisely.
2. Authenticity is more powerful than people pleasing.
3. "No" is a concept, not just a word.
4. Respect is gained through paying it.
5. Fighting against yourself is an unnecessary form of suffering.
6. Regular exercise is necessary for a healthy mind, body & spirit.
7. Letting go of toxic relationships makes room for empowering ones.
8. Women need other women.
9. The world needs more strong role models!
10. Oppression, racism, sexism and hate are real.
11. LOVE IS ALSO REAL!
12. Travel is a luxury granted to those who prioritize it.
13. Adventure is a state of mind.
14. Intimacy and expression of appreciation will heal our collective loneliness.
15. Appreciating others without question your own value is CONFIDENCE.
16. Time heals all wounds.
17. Sometimes the worst case scenario is necessary to acheive the best.
18. Respecting your own boundaries is a compassionate act for all involved.
19. The difference between the beginning and the end is perspective.
20. Doing whats right isn't always popular.
21. QUESTION EVERYTHING, THINK FOR YOURSELF.
22. Never arrive empty handed. Generosity creates abundance.
23. Quality over quantity. Always.
24. Daily self care gives you super powers.
25. Make time for fun.
26. Adequate sleep is the Holy Grail.
I would love to hear your lessons from 2016, feel free to post them below!
Nicole Lynne Hooley
Yoga, Reiki & Intuitive Healing
Brooklyn based Yoga Instructor & Reiki Healer, Nicole specializes in teaching Personal Empowerment & Self Healing inspired Yoga Classes, Workshops & Reiki Trainings throughout Brooklyn. Her Reiki & Intuitive Healing sessions have been called "an hour of unconditional love". Nicole has been highlighted by Huffington Post and YogaCityNYC.
Easy Moon Salutations & Good Mood Yoga: